Hate Not Heritage: Update on Blandford Church Confederate History & Heritage Month event...

Pastor John Weaver speaks to a League of the South gathering in 2010. (Image courtesy of Flickr)




Folks, earlier this evening, I spoke to H. Edward Mann, Acting Director at the Petersburg Preservation Task Force, a non-profit tasked with running the city of Petersburg's museums, about the upcoming Confederate History & Heritage Month event being held at the historic Blandford Church on April 8th. Mr. Mann was very courteous, but he didn't really seem to know much at all about the scheduled speaker, Pastor John Weaver of Fitzgerald, Georgia. According to social media posts, Pastor Weaver is the Chaplain for a white nationalist hate group.




(Image courtesy of Facebook)




It's quite the odd choice of speaker for the Sons of Confederate Veterans, as they have an anti-hate group policy, or so I thought. The most interesting thing Mr. Mann had to say about the event, was that the Petersburg Preservation Task Force waived the $500 reservation fee for the Sons of Confederate Veterans. Why? I am not really sure...




(Image courtesy of the John M. Jordan Camp #581)




I thought that waiving the reservation fee was odd, especially after I read this story, in which I learned that the fledgling non-profit organization was hurting for cash. They have even gone as far as creating a crowdfunding page to try and raise operating revenue.





(Image courtesy of Go Fund Me)



Mr. Mann suggested that I reach out to Ray Easter, with the Sons of Confederate Veterans, to express my concerns about the scheduled speaker. I explained to Mr. Mann that I had already done that, and that the Sons of Confederate Veterans did not even acknowledge my email inquiry. Well, you know what they say, "If at first you don't succeed..."




(Image courtesy of Gmail.)





Restoring the honor!






Comments

  1. Maybe if you used your real name you would get a response. Although it may not be the one you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I will get a response indirectly when the media start sniffing around?

      Delete
    2. Jessie, how do you know his real name isn't Robert Lee...it is quite a common name.

      Delete
    3. Cory I know its common name matter of fact I have a cousin named Robert E. Lee but you and I both know that it is not his real name he has admitted as much.

      Delete
    4. How do we know Jessie Sanford is your real name? How do we know any of this is real?

      Delete
    5. Jessie's just mad because he has no argument to refute facts.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to hear all about me. Enlighten us Jessie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anything about you other than what you write so how about enlightening us. Are you skeered?

      Delete
    2. The first time I had a hemorroid, I thought I was dying. I had to have my dad take a look. He had a good laugh.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shaun Winkler becomes unglued over the Sons of Confederate Veterans "pet monkey"...

Virginia Flagger Hubert Wayne Cash: "I have learned that most but by no means all blacks are a worthless bunch of freeloading, dangerous, animals that should be put down like the dogs they are."

Infight The Right: Are Christopher Cantwell and Jason Kessler backstabbing buddyfuckers?